Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello! Well, today was such an awesome day for our team. We started the morning with VBS with about twenty young Costa Rican children. We told the stories of Zacheo and Noah, and the kids loved it! We played some games and made some bracelets, and we are looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow. After a delicious authentic lunch of arroz con pollo, we went in small groups door to door to invite people to the crusade on Sunday and share the Gospel. This experience has been very unique for me. Yesterday when we went door to door, Matt and I were put in a group with the only Spanish speaking pastor. I thought this would be great, he could just do all the speaking! However, when we arrived to our street, he told Matt and I to go to one side of the street while he went to the other. God truly has filled my mouth with His words in Spanish, and it is incredible. I was saying words and speaking in tenses that I had learned this year in school and other sentences that I could have never said. Today I had the opportunity to pray the salvation prayer with a young woman all in Spanish!! It was really a divine appointment, and Richie gave her a Spanish Bible to read! God really is at work, and it is amazing to be a part of it. Ps. 81:10 has really impacted me this week because I feel that every time I speak in Spanish, I'm relying on God to give me the words. He proves Himself faithful every time. For example, tonight my team went to the evening service at our church here in Puntarenas. Right before the service started, the IMB director for this area asked me if I would like to share my testimony to the congregation. In Spanish. So, I did! God graciously gave me the words to speak, and I cannot describe the feeling of being used by the Lord and being in His will. I love the people of Costa Rica, and I LOVE talking to them in Spanish!!! Sometimes I absolutely do not understand what they are saying, but I'm trusting that God will give me the words that I need. He will! Keep us in your prayers!!!!

-Alejandra Sampson

Hello mi famila!! I miss ya'll and the food! But the experience here is totally worth it! When we first walked into the church we were greeted with hugs and kisses. They were so glad to see us and so glad to us there! I didn't realize why a certain woman was so thankful until my translator Lonna told me that she became Christian when she was eight years old because American missionaries came to Costa Rica to share Jesus with her family! Wow! I felt like I had some big shoes to fill! Seeing how the Lord is working through our groups and other groups is a mighty thing! VBS is awesome and the kids love us so much! After when we do our street evangelism the kids run out of the houses to give us a hug! I love them so much! Pray for our words and our actions they God's light will shine through us!!

-Brittany Reed










No comments:

Post a Comment