Friday, July 10, 2009

Costa Rica is the most beautiful place i've ever seen or had the chance to visit... not only are the hills, beaches, and jungles breath taking, but also the people we've encountered have an overwhelming love and passion for christ and sharing his word with those around them. God is truly working here in us and through us every day. I'm really sad to see the trip coming to a close, but God has really set my heart on fire for him and I'm really encouraged to keep the passion flowing in tyler and everywhere i go. Thank you for the prayers! See you soon!

-Nikki Barnes

Buenos Noches mi familia!
This week has has been one of the most amazing weeks of my life. To be able to see the hearts of the people of Costa Rica. Today alone the church I am working at had 51 people come to know the lord. That truly touched me today. The pastors and workers in the local churches in Puntarenas have been so helpful and patient with us, and that has really been a blessing. None of our pastors are fluent in English, and we were definitely not the best at Spanish, but their patience has been the thing that really allowed God to overcome the language barriers. The passion and love for Jesus that the people have here in Costa Rica is contagious, and I pray that I can carry that passion back to the U.S. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and your thoughts, and continue to do so as we have our last days in Costa Rica. God bless all of you and I can't wait to see all of you in the next couple of days!

In His love,
Hunter Page

First of all I'd like to say that God has been doing some AMAZING things! We have been experiencing God in many, many, many, many ways, little and small; in the sunset, en los ticos ninos, in our room assignments, in our group assignments, in the rain, worshiping with the Costa Rican's, riding from location to location in the bus, even in painting an unexpected mural. God has shown me that He can reveal Himself to me in ways that I have never even crossed my mind! He has made Himself SO very, very apparent in awesome ways and He is getting the glory for all of it! :)

-Elizabeth Groth

No comments:

Post a Comment